How to add IDM extension in chrome in windows 10: Google, Internet, downloads, etc. are the frequent spell-outs among people nowadays. It feels awkward and uneasy to lead our day-to-day life without the internet. And also, we learn a lot virtually than in person in recent days. As everybody knows that internet has its own pros and cons. So, it has wide stuff to get learned easily. If all of a sudden, if we are in need of any information the very first things come to our mind, is all about “Google it!” in such a way we are very much people depends on google. It provides a vast service in no time and place.
We can get our needed information or even pictures or anything else in a second from google. But sometimes there may occur fewer issues which may delay or interrupt or causes other issues while getting our things to download. In order to avoid such encumbrance here, we can go with IDM. So, if you’re facing any above-mentioned brake while getting download, then this post might give you a better solution to cope with it.
Also Check: how to screenshot on hp laptop or desktop
About IDM :
IDM – Inter Download Manager, is a shareware download manager is owned by an American Company Tonec, Inc. This Tonec company is based in New York City which made IDM now available for Microsoft Windows Operating System. IDM is just a tool that helps in managing and scheduling downloads on your windows. IDM can use full bandwidth. IDM also has capabilities to recovery, resume and restore the uninterrupted downloads which may occur because of any network issues or lost connections. IDM also supports proxy servers like firewall, cookies, MP3 audio, and also MPEG video processing. IDM collaborates with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and other popular browsers to manage the process of downloading.
As mentioned above IDM is the best for managing downloads for Windows on PC. So, if you install this IDM on your windows almost it automatically gets its extension installed on your browser like chrome. In case if not, you can add an IDM extension on your own. People think that one can add an IDM extension from the chrome web store but it is not needed. Your PC already has its IDM extension. All you have to do is follow the given procedure step by step in this post.
Steps to add IDM extension in Chrome:
This step given below will help you to add the IDM extension in chrome in Windows.
- The first step is to update IDM to its latest version which is already on your PC by following the step,
- IDM help > check for updates on the IDM window.
- Now open C: Program Files (x86) Internet Download Manager on your PC then copy that address and let it paste on the windows explorer.
- Then open the extension manager on chrome
- Now drag the file “IDMGCExt.crx” or “IDMGCExt” to the chrome extension window.
- After that, a pop-up will be seen as “Drop to Install” on the window.
- So once the above steps are completed then you have successfully installed the IDM extension in chrome
- Though you have installed it you must configure it so just “Allow in Incognito” and “Enable” checkboxes to properly configure the extension.
- So as soon as you completed all the steps above now you can start downloading files which may be either small or large files.
- This IDM extension helps to restore the files which have stopped just before competing for the downloading process.
- Another advantage of getting this IDM extension added you can see the increase in speed of downloading files.
These are the steps to be followed to get your IDM extension added to chrome and get download your files faster without any hurdles.
Steps to make your IDM extension work after it stops
I suppose your IDM extension which you have added already got stopped working after getting installed, then you can follow the given steps below to make it work properly.
- The first thing you have to do is just update your IDM to the latest version
- Then you have to uninstall your IDM extension which is already on your chrome, the old one.
- Now again install your new version of IDM which is updated using the above steps mentioned.
- You can use these steps to make your IDM extension work properly.
- Other than using this chrome extension you can also add it by downloading it manually by copying the link and pasting it on IDM but it takes more time when compared to this chrome extension.
By following these above steps, you can fix the issues regarding the IDM extension quickly.
IDM extension is such a module that helps to make your work easier without any interruptions. You can even download a very huge file easier and faster without any delay. It also helps to restore your files which stops halfway of downloading. There are various such extensions like IDM which makes all your work easier and faster without any hurdles. I hope this post might be very useful regarding this IDM extension and its issue. For any further queries please mention in the comment section.
Can I get an IDM extension other than in Chrome Extension?
- Yes, you can get an IDM extension other than the Chrome extension.
What to do when the IDM extension stops working suddenly?
- All have to do is just uninstall the old IDM > update your IDM version > again install it.